I am jumping. I am leaping into the abyss with no guarantee that there will a net. All I know is that it’s the only place I want to be. It is love that pushes me past my comfort zone. It is my deep desire for freedom. The deep desire to be authentic, the deep desire to be ME.
I’ve received college degrees, and I’ve read books. I could follow paths that have been laid out for me, but those aren’t the paths for me.
On my path — the path of the pioneer — there is no road map.
There is no book. It is a blank canvas. An empty road. There will be high peaks, there will be low valleys, and there will be sweet lakes of satisfaction. One foot in front of the other is all I can count on and the burning fire in my heart.
Dear pioneers, brave budding entrepreneurs. Perhaps you have a vision, a burning desire, an itch. You have a knowing that you’ve been playing it small and you want to GO BIG. You know there is something special you have to offer the world. Perhaps you don’t know what it is yet. But you are bursting. And you are scared.
- Do you excel at starting new things?
- Do you enjoy freedom?
- Are you filled with ideas?
- Are you adventurous?
- Are you passionate?
- Are you independent and strong-minded?
There’s no avoiding it, you have the anatomy of a pioneer.
It’s time to buckle up and go for the ride because everything else will feel confining.
Here are some skills you will have to pick up along the way if you don’t have them already:
- Self trust: to trust that your intuition is leading you on the right path and to trust the value of your personal vision
- Self love: to nurture yourself and your vision in times of doubt
- Self acceptance: to act without being paralyzed by perfectionism and unrealistic expectations
- The ability to take risks and make mistakes
- The willingness to create your own roadmap
- The ability to not take things personally
- Comfort with ambiguity
- The ability to accept that not everyone will like or accept you and/or your vision
- The ability to get out of your own way and let the work happen through you. At the end of the day, it’s not about you, it’s about what you have to offer to the world
- LOVE. Love what you do so much, that there is no other choice
- Perseverance, perseverance, perseverance
So please, “tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself” (Paulo Coelho.) If you have a yearning to create your life on your terms, take the first step. There is only one you, and your unique expression is a gift to the world. Know that there will be guidance along the way.
If you want to explore your vision through embodied coaching, I’d love to work with you. If you want rock star entrepreneurial guidance, I highly recommend the ladies of Propelle and the community they create to support your lift-off.
Have a blast and enjoy the journey, oh pioneer!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Greta Polo, M.A. is a Transpersonal Movement coach and educator focused on mind, body, spirit integration. Her passion lies in integrating dance & movement techniques with intuitive arts, spirituality, and energy work.
Along with individual coaching sessions, Greta also offers group work and workshops on sacred dance, creative process, and intuition.