Just in case you need a mini pep-talk before heading out to tonight's Networking Happy Hour, we wanted to give you a few quick tips on making this a very successful evening.
Can't wait to see you, soak in the positive energy, and be inspired!
- Check out the guest list ahead of time. Have you been to the Facebook page to see what inspiring women are attending? Any that already stand out as women you want to meet? Great. Now make a list, and seek them out!
- Bring business cards. Showing up without these little gems is like driving without your license. You can do it, but the consequences can be pretty darn upsetting. Business cards make you legitimate. And make it easier for people to connect with you after the event. And, really, isn't that the point?
- Always have a little pen or pencil for notes on new contacts’ cards. It might be hard to remember the details of 15-20 conversations. Make notes for yourself on the back of someone's business card about what they do, the names of their kiddos, and ways that you can partner with them. This will trigger your memory the following day when you want to follow up.
- Mints. Nothing ruins a conversation like stinky breath. Bring mints. Share them with your friends. And enjoy some minty fresh conversation.
- Elevator speech, get one! Don't have yours perfected yet? That's okay. We'll be giving you the tools to create a super savvy and unforgettable 5-second elevator speech. And then you will get to practice it all night long.
- Confidence, you have this under control! Confidence is key when it comes to networking. Making eye contact, smiling, talking loudly and clearly are all important facets of a meaningful conversation. This will also help people to connect with who you are and what you do. And even be inspired by the amazing things that you are doing. Because you are doing amazing things.
- A friend. If the thought of walking into a room full of strangers makes you want to run to the restroom, bring a friend to help break the ice and get the party started! And if the event is a total wash, you at least have someone to talk with for the rest of the night.
See you tonight!