Once upon a time (okay, August of last year), we set our sites on podcasting. We picked an official date for when our podcast would go live. We consulted with some top podcasters, bought the equipment, and did a crapton of research. We even went so far as to tease the idea on a podcast WE were featured on (we were #28).
If you hadn't guessed yet, our podcast never came to fruition. At least, not yet.
But that doesn't stop us from loving podcasts or listening to them on a regular basis. We both listen to some entrepreneurial-focused shows as well as others that don't have a thing to do with business, firmly putting us into the multi-passionate category.
We thought it would be fun to share some of our favorites, just in case you're looking to bulk up your playlist.
- Dear Sugar - This one pulls at my heartstrings on the regular. Cheryl Strayed and Steve Almond answer anonymous letters from people who are facing current challenges. It's honest, raw, and always helps me consider new perspectives.
- Bigger Pockets - This is the newest podcast to join my feed. I've been interested in learning more about real estate investing, and a few friends recommended Bigger Pockets. I appreciate the segmented structure featuring quick tips, interviews, and easy-to-implement advice. I've learned so much already!
- The Lively Show - I like the variety of guests and topics covered on Jess Lively's podcast, and I also enjoy keeping up with her story, challenges, and personal favorites. She's has great energy and asks very insightful questions to her guests.
I am a bit fickle when it comes to podcasts. I become obsessed with certain ones, trying to take in as many as humanly possible with a toddler and limited time to listen. And then, suddenly, I get bored with them and purge my feed.
My current faves are:
- Being Boss - I so appreciate Kathleen and Emily's perspective, love the guests they have on the show, and just plain look ofrward to a new episode going live.
- Tiny Desk - I have Kate to thank for this one. It's perfect for the car and taking in a quick dose of ear candy. I encourage you to get lost in this one, pronto.
- Meditation Oasis - I've been a fan of this one for YEARS. And that's saying a lot. It's my go-to resource for meditation and I find myself referring it to people over and over (and over) again.
- Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me! - This is a favorite when I need a break from the entrepreneurial focused podcasts I find myself binging on. It's pure fun and always helps to lighten up my mood.
Some past favorites:
- The Tim Ferriss Show - I seriously love how Tim's brain works and am always fascinated by the guests he brings on the show. But I also need a break from his intensity every now and then.
- The Lively Show - Like Kate, I love Jess's energy and perspective on the world. I think this one just got lost in the new-phone-shuffle and just never got added back in.
- Eventual Millionaire - I was on a huge Eventual Millionaire kick last year, around the time when we signed up for one of Jaime Tardy's group coaching programs. I still love Jaime and her interview with millionaires, I just don't have time to check out her podcasts right now.
What about you?
What are your favorite podcasts to listen to? Any you would encourage us to check out?