It's been beaten into our heads since grade school that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And for good reason: breakfast provides us with the nutrients and energy we need to be productive and remain focused.
In the name of helping you be as amazing as possible, we thought it would be fun to share a few of our favorite breakfast ideas.
- We take our breakfast very seriously at the Stoltzfus household! My husband is the breakfast chef, and we typically eat the same thing every morning. Omelet with salsa and a side of toasted buckwheat groats, greek yogurt, and some sort of berries or fruit. During the winter months, I'll often have a pot of hot herbal tea. I enjoy peppermint, hibiscus, and chamomile.
- On the weekends I'm in charge! I like to get fancy and I play with different frittata combinations and possibly pancakes if I'm feeling extra feisty. I'll often get some fresh sausage or bacon and throw some extra protein into the mix.
- On Valentine's day, we made the most delicious blueberry muffins. (Yes we even made the crumbly topping!) Our Airbnb guests benefited as well. I could really go for one of those right now ... :)
- My current morning ritual revolves around smoothies. I'm pretty obsessed with my Ninja Blender and cramming as many different colored fruits into the cup as I can. This post from Back To Her Roots is a great primer on smoothies and gives plenty of ideas for mixing it up.
- Last year, The Babe (my almost-2-year-old) was all about oatmeal and ate it every morning for 8+ months. That routine could have easily gotten boring, but trust me when I say there are a thousand and one ways to make oatmeal. The Oatmeal Artist is proof of that, with recipes for overnight oats, baked oatmeal, stove top oats, savory oats, and more.
- 7-minute eggs are by far my favorite way to enjoy eggs in the morning. I typically pair them with some kind of potato (like this two potato skillet, or some basic hash browns from Trader Joe's). They are also amazing atop homemade ramen or just eaten as a snack.
What about you? What are some of your favorite breakfasts to help you feel focused and full all morning long?