I'll be the very first to admit that the word affirmation conjures images of Saturday Night Live sketches and self-help nightmares. So I avoided them like the plague, thinking that I was too cool to go down that road.
Funny thing is, when you dig your heels in about something the Universe has a way of hitting you over the head with it.
Discussions around the power of affirmations began showing up in some of my favorite podcasts (EventualMillionaire, The Lively Show). And then it began showing up in the books I was reading (The Miracle Morning).
Clearly I wasn't going to be able to avoid affirmations any longer.
I began looking for apps that would generate affirmations for me. I found a few, but they weren't anything special. Then I started to look for information online. And while there were a few good posts, most regurgitated the same 10 affirmations.
I finally settled on one that resonated: I allow myself to have more than I ever dreamed possible.
I said it out loud a few times, trying to feel the excitement and joy of the words in my body. And then I went about my day.
The next day, I paired my affirmations with the EFT tapping points (see guide for point locations). I could literally feel a shift within my body and energy. I felt like I had stumbled upon the holy grail of affirmations.
After nearly three weeks of affirmations and tapping (tap-firmations? affirmative tapping?), I feel a shift. I notice myself thinking differently about situations, I feel more abundant and successful, and have noticed a difference in the amount of money flowing into my life.
Do I still think affirmations are hokey or too hippy-dippy for me?
Not one bit.
Affirmations are a powerful tool to shift energy + reconfigure the beliefs we carry around with us. (Tweet this.)
Here are a few of the affirmations that I've been using. Feel free to adjust or tweak to fit your own life and needs.
21 Affirmations for Success:
- I allow myself to have more than I ever dreamed possible.
- I am always open to the constant flow of abundance into my life.
- Good things happen to me every second of every day.
- I am open to receive.
- I am ready to receive.
- I release all resistance.
- I am worthy of receiving more!
- My income is constantly increasing.
- Everyday I make more money.
- New opportunities to make money come my way every single day.
- My bank account grows every day.
- Success and money come easily to me.
- I am a money magnet. (Also: I am a success magnet.)
- I love success. (Also: Success loves me. )
- Everything I do is successful and profitable.
- Success—and the life of my dreams—is inevitable.
- Every time I look at my bank account I feel pride, excitement, and security.
- I bring in expected and unexpected income every day.
- I am as successful as I choose to be, and I choose the highest level of success.
- Money flows to me easily and effortlessly.
- My timing is always perfect. My timing is always right.
What about you?
Have you ever used affirmations?
What are some of your favorites?
Feel free to share in the comments below, or hit us up on Twitter.