The ladies of Propelle took a road trip to Washington, D.C. for the Write Yourself Into Motion Workshop led by the gorgeous, witty, and extremely brilliant Alexandra Franzen. What we left with was inspiration, scripts galore, and the giddy excitement that comes from meeting one of your heroes.
We also left with a date for Alex to come and explore the 'Burgh and celebrate one of her heroes: Mr. Rogers.
Here is a list of our Top 10 Biggest Takeaways from the Weekend:
- Just because you are selling something, doesn't mean you must speak to pain.
- When it comes to breaking the ice at a workshop or presentation, do the scariest thing first.
- Concision. Concision. Concision. You don't need as many words as you think!
- Kindness builds community.
- Engage with readers by showing rather than telling.
- Your words are a magnet, revisit your intention when writing.
- End with a call to action.
- Show up and stand in your power. It's amazing what can be accomplished when you do.
- Creativity and writing are habits. The more you do it, the easier it becomes, and the better you become at it.
- At the end of the day, you have more clarity, confidence, and strength than you think.
What hero have you had the opportunity to meet, and what did you learn from them?